|
Hey, The changes to Facebook Ads, which I spoke about 3 weeks ago, have already started hitting some accounts. But there is some good news too. Initially at least, it looks like manual control of Placements is going away for Sales and Leads campaigns only. So, if you only run regular Traffic campaigns (which you can also use for leadgen btw), then you are spared – for now, at least. Jon Loomer updated his original post on this news, with some inside info from Facebook themselves, so this news seems pretty reliable… as far as these things go. But it’s also worth noting that Facebook themselves stressed that this feature is evolving and it continues to test, experiment, and monitor feedback. Did Facebook walk back this change after a negative reaction? It’s possible, I guess, given they did exactly that after the hoo-ha around Campaign Budget Optimization a few years ago. Anyway, the headline should be reassuring to many of you: manual Placements are staying for Traffic campaigns… for now. But at least you know how to handle the change when it expands further, which it probably will eventually – that’s certainly the direction of travel over the last few years. the problem with menRomance authors know that better than anyone, having lost control of which gender sees their ads a while back. But they found an answer: using value rules to take back that control and stop men seeing their ads. Why is this such a big deal? Well, romance authors can receive comments from trolls. And simply hiding or deleting them doesn’t help that much because the AI has already seen that interaction and decided to serve the ads to more and more trolls – robots don’t really do nuance, I’m afraid. Which meant that romance authors were spending more and more of their budget to an audience unlikely to purchase (and get trolled). And while everyone, and every ad on Facebook, can receive dumb comments, this was definitely something different. I covered the problem – and the solution – in this week’s video: The Problem with Men.
This video goes into some depth. I don’t just explain the issue and cover the standard approach, I also show how you can incorporate placements and gender into the same value rule set – and how you can run into issues if you do that incorrectly. And I do it all in 12 minutes. So, this video should cover you for the impending placements changes as well, or if you are someone who runs Sales or Lead campaigns. And as a bonus I outline one scenario where you probably shouldn’t control for gender, even if you are a romance author experiencing this issue. I spent a lot of time editing this video – from over half an hour down to 12 minutes – and got fancy with some graphics too. I’m working hard to raise the production level of my videos, so I hope you find it useful. I’d appreciate some shares on this one as I think it will be very useful to people. You can use the buttons below the YouTube video itself or share this post on Facebook.
This video was created in response to one of the comments on my last video, so do let me know if you have any other issue with Facebook which you would like me to cover – either here or there! I read ‘em all… Thanks, Dave P.S. Writing music this week is The Outfield with Your Love. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.