BookBub is a wonderfully passionate
community of over ten million book buyers – and its ad platform is the only one
at this scale which is exclusively made up of readers. BookBub Ads is unique in
lots of other ways too and I've received hundreds of questions from authors over
the last few months who are confused about one aspect or another. Today, we'll
look at the most frequent issues… and give you solutions to all those problems.

FIVE recommended BookBub Ads resources
before we dive into the mailbag:

  1. BookBub Ads Expert is THE best book on BookBub Ads. I can say that without hesitation because it is also the only book about BookBub Ads. Read more about the book at this dedicated page on my site, where you will also find links to all the retailers and a bunch of nice things people had to say about it.
  2. I also have a FREE course on BookBub Ads via Reedsy. It's ten bite-sized emails every morning each introducing you to a different aspect of the platform – a handy introduction.
  3. Also free is my weekly marketing newsletter, where we regularly cover BookBub Ads, along with Facebook and Amazon Ads, as well as all other book marketing topics: reader targeting, email sorcery, how to launch a book, content marketing – the works. That goes out every Friday, and you get a free copy of Amazon Decoded just for signing up. Do that here if you know what's good for ya…
  4. Continuing the freepalooza is a killer set of bonus resources for purchasers of BookBub Ads Expert – a gallery of winning ad images, detailed optimization advice, up-to-the-minute info on BookBub changes, case studies, and a place to ask questions! – but you only get access to that when you buy the book, because I am crafty like that. It is a great add-on for all the glamourous and discerning folk who do purchase the book though, and they will tell you that I've been adding to it continually since March and it has grown into something quite cool.
  5. Prefer podcasts? I've got you covered. The three-part, super in-depth podcast I did with Chris Syme has to be mentioned first because we go deep into everything (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3). But also check out further podcasts I did with William Bernhardt, Novel Marketing, the Self-Publishing Show, and, errrr, I'm forgetting a couple. Sorry!

I've been using BookBub Ads for two or
three years, I've been covering the platform in some depth for my mailing list
for well over a year at this point, my dedicated book came out a few months ago,
and the course… I can't quite remember when that launched. Around the same
time?

I've also run some giant campaigns for
authors in a range of genres, as well as my own ads, and compared data and
strategies with hundreds of other authors writing every kind of book
imaginable.

These are the issues and questions which
come up most frequently.

Read more of this post