As a blogger and content marketer, people face the biggest challenges in these questions:

  • How do I create more video content?
  • Where do I get new video ideas from?

Well, the answer is right under your nose.

Convert your existing articles into videos!

Now, this could be done in any form, but the one that I'm sharing is one of the fastest and elegant ways to convert existing articles into videos. You can further use these videos on your social media platform, YouTube or other video hosting websites to gain links or drive more traffic.

I have been testing this with Lumen5 which is by far the most popular and the fastest way to convert your blog articles into a video. There are a few other articles to video software, but on my experience and the simplicity of the process is what makes Lumen5 the numero uno choice in the blog to video converter category.

  1. You can create videos manually from any blog post
  2. Lumen 5 will convert your blog post into videos automatically using the RSS feed.

I usually prefer creating videos manually as it makes videos more meaningful. Auto RSS video creation speeds up the process, but it's far from perfect.

So without further delay, let me show you how to create videos quickly with existing articles:

Step-by-step guide to convert blog posts into videos

  • Create a Lumen5 account
  • Click on create a video link
  • You can select either of the three options.

In this case, I have selected the first option and added a blog post link to convert it into the video. Click on Go will take you to the main video creation dashboard where all the magic happens.

The first time when I used this to convert one of the articles into a video, I was surprised by the simplicity it offered.

You should start by editing the first slide on the right, and then you can quickly select the text to be added for the next slide. Lumen5 scans the content of the slide and adds an image automatically.

However, you have the option to search millions of copyright images and videos from the Lumen5 dashboard and add it to the slide with a single click. You can also upload your own image to the slide which is what I use most of the time. However, this depends entirely upon your style.

The media files that you upload can be reused for future videos too. I would recommend you to upload images that you are more likely to use repeatedly and take advantage of the free image catalog of Lumen5 to make your videos unique and brandable.

There are more branding settings offered by Lumen5 that you must take advantage of.

I have converted over 50 blog posts into videos and shared them on social media in drip feed setting. It was great for branding, and even the engagement in the form of likes and shares was high. However, I did not get much success on YouTube with such videos. I believe that could be because videos were too short (<60 seconds) and not well optimized for YouTube. I would still like to test such videos on the platform like YouTube. If you do that, let me know your experience in the comment section below.

Few examples:

Here are a few videos that I have created using Lumen5:

Instagram Photo

Instagram Photo

 

Pricing:

Lumen5's basic features are free, and if you need advanced features like no Lumen5 branding, 720P video or even 1080P video output, you can upgrade to one of their premium plans.

Create a Lumen5 account

Over to you

I'm quite fascinated with these categories of tools and will keep sharing similar tools in the days to come. For now, Lumen5 seems something which any individual or an agency can use to speed up video creation process. Here are a few similar tools like Lumen5 that you could explore as well:

Now, it's your turn to try Lumen5 and share your review and feedback. If you have a question for me, feel free to ask in the comments below.

Here are a few other hand-picked articles for you to read next: