If you've ever experienced a broken website, you know just how devastating it can be to try to recover or rebuild if you don't have a copy to restore from. It can cost hours, days, or even months of downtime; leading to revenue loss, increased expenses, and emotional distress for you and anyone who relies on your site. Being able to restore your files and database if anything goes wrong can prevent this kind of painful situation. This is why making backups of your WordPress site, with a tool like Jetpack Backup, is absolutely critical. 

In this article we'll walk you through:

  • What is a WordPress backup?
  • Why do you need a backup of your site?
  • Methods for creating a WordPress backup
    • Automatic backups from your web host
    • Manual backups
    • Backups using plugins
  • Which manual backup method is the best?
  • How often should I back up my WordPress site?
  • Where should I store my WordPress backups?
  • How do I know that I haven't missed any files when performing a manual backup of my WordPress site?
  • What makes WordPress backup with a plugin better than manual?
  • How many backups should I keep?

Read more of this post

Rob Pugh | November 11, 2021 at 2:05 pm | Categories: Security | URL: https://wp.me/p1moTy-AgZ